Features Editor, Stuff
We are looking for an enthusiastic Features Editor to boost our long-form content on Stuff.tv. The vacancy comes at an exciting time as we seek to accelerate digital growth and is an opportunity to make a big impact.
The role involves managing all our features content – primarily online, but also working with the Editor-in-Chief to commission monthly features for Stuff Magazine, too. The right candidate will be comfortable writing a quick-fire explainer or product comparison piece as much as they are commissioning freelancers to work alongside them. They must be willing to use their initiative to take on tasks at short notice, particularly around product launches.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Working to develop the increasingly comprehensive content offering on Stuff.tv alongside the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor.
- Follow the latest tech trends and ensure that we ahead of the curve when it comes to detailing the latest technologies for our readers.
- Write comprehensive product comparisons, explainer features and much more – often at short notice.
- Engage with the end-to-end coverage of new products.
- Maintain oversight of our buying guides; managing freelancers working to update them.
- Triage content suggestions from audience development particularly in terms of gap analysis.
- Develop new treatments and ideas beyond the usual ‘let’s do another rumours piece’ (although we need to do those as well…)
- Commission various freelancers to fill content gaps and helping to broaden our pool of writers.
- Assisting the Editor-in-Chief to plan and commission features for the monthly magazine.
- Work with newsletter and social freelancers to better promote our features content through these channels.
- Taking an active role in covering deals-related events such as Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday.
Required skills & experience:
- Lengthy or website editorial experience is a must preferably with experience managing freelancers.
- Passion for consumer tech – preferably having held a similar role on another website.
- Strong all round digital content skills with proven track record of driving digital audience growth
- Well-versed with Google Analytics, SEO and keyword research.
- Ability to work to short deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) plus excellent interpersonal skills required to liaise with key departments across the business.
- Organised with attention to detail
- Results orientated
- Integrity, high standards, ambitious, contributes ideas, acts quickly
- Team player who shares knowledge
Working from home, this is an exciting opportunity which would suit a highly driven individual with a track record of creating trusted content and growing audience reach and engagement.
If this sounds like you then send your CV with a covering note to email@example.com . Closing date Friday 8th July 2022.