Editorial Assistant/Junior Reporter, Motorsport News
The Editorial Assistant/Junior Reporter will work alongside the Editor and Deputy Editor to ensure the smooth running of the weekly production cycle of Motorsport News. This will include assisting with both the subbing and proofing of other people’s copy as well as being required to generate content for the newspaper, the e-newsletter and social media channels. It’s a great opportunity for someone looking to break into motorsport journalism, with the scope to attend plenty of race meetings around the UK, reporting on the very best of British grassroots motorsport.
- Adhere to the production schedule and agreed production processes
- Deals with reader correspondence
- Liaising with PRs and media organisations
- Liaising with race series organisers, motorsport venues to bring together news and features content
- Liaising with grassroots motorsport contributors to ensure broad and varied coverage in the paper every week
- Assisting the Editor and the Deputy Editor with any other queries, on request.
- Contributing ideas to feature planning meetings sessions
- Writing news stories and features as and when required to do so
- Attend events, shows and race meetings as and when required
- Be the main contributor to the brand’s social media pages (facebook and twitter)
- Compile the brand’s weekly e-newsletter (due for launch June 2021)
- Image research and sourcing appropriate images when required to do so
- Act as a spokesperson for the brand when required to do so
Enthusiasm, integrity, high standards, self-development, learn from mistakes, contribute ideas, willing to take risks, acts quickly, shares knowledge, supportive of others, team player.
To apply please email email@example.com