Subscription Marketing Manager
Full-time, salary dependant on experience, based at our Head office in Yalding, Maidstone.
Kelsey Media is a leading independent media business with around 90 brands across print, digital and event platforms with a strong presence in the motoring, transport, agriculture, healthy active living and other lifestyle sectors. We are focused on building our direct to consumer business with a key objective being to grow subscriber volumes, revenues and profit contribution, and are expanding our Subscriptions Marketing team, based at our Head Office in Yalding, Maidstone, to achieve this.
We have opportunities for Subscription Marketing Managers who will be responsible for achieving growth across a portfolio of magazines by developing consumer-led strategies to optimise acquisition and retention levels. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented marketing professionals with a proven track record in delivering effective subscription marketing strategies who are looking to take the next step in their career and make a real contribution to the growth of the company.
- Take ownership of the subscription file (print and digital) and develop acquisition strategies which are title specific and audience-led to grow subscriptions within budget.
- Ensure all subscription marketing, lead generation and all other relevant activity is fully GDPR compliant.
- Work with publishers and editors to identify third party channels and work with those third parties to develop effective subscription acquisition channels..
- Effective marketing across all internal channels, including in-mag, website email, social media and events to grow subscriptions, audience engagement and sales of other products as required.
- Build customer email databases for brands within your portfolio with a focus on building volume and utilise various strategies to build consumer insight to support brand development strategies.
- Execute general marketing opportunities for brands as required.
- Co-ordinate and manage specific portfolio campaigns.
- Work with Subscription fulfilment team and Customer Services team to ensure the customer journey is understood and improved wherever possible.
- Analyse the performance of all acquisition campaigns through the Kelsey Life Time Value model, maintain a summary of performance by brand and communicate results with recommendations for future activity through monthly report.
- Actively participate in monthly subscription marketing meetings.
Key skills / Requirements
- Subscription marketing experience
- Leadership of sales-orientated activity
- Ethic and focus on constant development
- Results orientated
- Strong analytical skills
- Focus on financial contribution of all activity
- Highly proficient in Excel and ability to build strong working knowledge of other software programs (knowledge of Oak Subscription Software would be an advantage)
- Effective communicator and team player
- Well organised and able to prioritise tasks
Personal qualities:You will be enthusiastic and committed, good at working under pressure, a good team player and quick to learn.
Kelsey Values:Creativity, enthusiasm, passion, integrity, high standards, self-development, supportive of others, continual improvement
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Kevin McCormick, Managing Director, Lifestyle Brands & Circulationat firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 24th January 2020.
Please note that due to the rural location of our Head office in Yalding ideally you will need your own transport.