Head of Content – Classics World
ABOUT CLASSICS WORLD
Classics World is the umbrella brand for all Kelsey Media’s classic car magazines, YouTube channel, social media and website. Under this umbrella sits the weekly newspaper, Classic Car Buyer, Classics Monthly, Future Classics, classicsworld.co.uk, Classics World YouTube and then single-make magazines such as Classic Ford, MiniWorld, VolksWorld and MG Enthusiast.
Classics World website and YouTube have tremendous scope for further development, and the video channel especially has been cited as an area for further expansion.
The Head of Content is responsible for the delivery and implementation of a robust content plan for the Classics World group of brands. This comprises classicsworld.co.uk and its numerous subsidiary channels, so its newsletter, facebook, twitter, Instagram and YouTube channels. There will also be an expectation that we will utilise the other brands within the Classics World portfolio where there is a commercial benefit, leveraging content across Classic Car Buyer, Classics Monthly, Future Classics, Classic Ford, MiniWorld, VolksWorld and MG Enthusiast to generate revenue through group-wide branded content deals. This will also include generating content ideas for our relevant motoring events.
· Work with the editorial teams to implement an editorial strategy and content plan across all platforms, with content being delivered in the required formats, on time and within budget. This editorial strategy will maximise efficiencies in order to keep costs down, while also producing high quality content that engages an audience and/or generates revenue opportunities from commercial partners.
· Manage all editorial team members, both staff and freelancers, across all platforms and ensure all have the skillset and support to implement the editorial strategy and content plan.
· Monitor analytics across various platforms to ensure that agreed KPIs are being achieved across traffic, engagement and revenue
· Lead the implementation of a social media content strategy, working with the audience team to increase the various magazine social media channels plus the Classics World YouTube community and engage with those communities
· Input to commercial pitches as and where required, maximising the potential of the our content to existing and new advertisers
· Act as an in-market brand ambassador, hosting events and liaising with commercial clients as required.
The role’s success will be defined both by the combined audience size of Classics World across the website and its social media channels, including YouTube, and the commercial revenue that is generated each year across the whole group.
Reports to: Group MD
Interested please contact HR@kelsey.co.uk.