Subscription Marketing Director
Full-time position. Salary dependant on experience. Based at our Head office in Yalding, Maidstone.
Kelsey Media is a leading independent media business with around 90 brands across print, digital and event platforms with a strong presence in the motoring, transport, agriculture, healthy active living and other lifestyle sectors. We are focused on building our direct to consumer business with a key objective being to grow subscriber volumes, revenues and profit contribution and are expanding our Subscriptions Marketing team based at our Head Office in Yalding, Maidstone to achieve this.
This is a new position which will report to the Managing Director of Lifestyle Brands & Circulation. The successful candidate will be accountable for delivering growth through effective leadership of the subscription marketing and customer service teams, developing a strategy to grow subscription revenue and contribution to meet agreed targets, ensure customer service is best-in-class and manage relationships with third parties including suppliers and partners.
- Ensure Kelsey Media’s subscription strategy and customer service is best-in-class within the industry.
- Provide leadership and manage the all members of the Subscription Marketing team to ensure they work effectively to meet their specific targets and the requirements of their role.
- Create a subscription budget and consumer-led strategy to meet the agreed financial and circulation objectives for Kelsey Media.
- Develop and actively lead a strategy to build volume and quality of consumer data which is fully GDPR compliant.
- Manage and develop all relevant third-party relationships, negotiating contracts and Service Levels Agreements to optimise service provision and financial contribution to Kelsey Media.
- Ensure all systems and software used by the subscription marketing and customer service teams are fit for purpose and are reviewed and upgraded to improve effectiveness.
- Ensure the Kelsey Shop is constantly reviewed to provide a high quality customer experience and to optimise sales of subscriptions and other products.
- Ensure full analysis is completed for all acquisition and retention activity through various analyses including the Kelsey Life Time Value model.
- Provide a top-line subscription performance summary (volume and financial) through a concise monthly report to include benchmarking against budget and previous year.
- Lead monthly subscription marketing meetings to review performance and agree actions to achieve or exceed set targets.
Key skills / Requirements
- Exceptional subscription marketing experience
- Proven record of growing magazine subscriptions
- Strong leadership
- Pro-active project development and leadership
- Constant improvement ethic and focus
- Results orientated
- Strong analytical skills
- Focus on financial contribution of all activity
- Highly proficient in Excel and ability to build strong working knowledge of other software programs (knowledge of Oak Subscription Software would be an advantage)
- Effective communicator and team player
- Well organised and able to prioritise tasks
Personal qualities:You will be enthusiastic and committed, good at working under pressure, a good team player and a passion for leadership
Kelsey Values:Creativity, enthusiasm, passion, integrity, high standards, self-development, supportive of others, continual improvement
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Kevin McCormick, Managing Director, Lifestyle Brands & Circulationat firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 24th January 2020.
Please note that due to the rural location of our Head office in Yalding ideally you will need your own transport.